Station Camp High School as part of Sumner County Schools is committed to promoting a collaborative culture of high performing students, teachers, and school communities.
* Teachers deliver rigorous standards-based instruction that is guided by student results.
* Quality instruction provides students opportunities as active participants with guided exploration.
* Authentic learning experiences allow students to be engaged in learning, to have opportunities to develop character, and to be prepared to contribute to the community.
* Teachers engage in ongoing growth as a professional learning community, designing and delivering quality instruction while promoting creativity and excellence.
* The diversity in thinking of all those who are invested in education is encouraged.
* Structured opportunities are in place to promote collaborative discussions that include an atmosphere of mutual respect and trust.
* Collaboration is student-focused with a shared purpose.
* Purposeful and intentional communication among all stakeholders cultivates a culture that promotes increased growth and achievement.
* Effective leaders understand the vision and consistently communicate and model it to all stakeholders.
* All stakeholders are involved in setting goals and improvement planning.
* Leaders set high expectations and hold themselves and others accountable for results.
* There is a commitment to building and growing leaders at all levels with an intentional focus on improving student learning by using available data to guide the decision making process.
* SCHS continuously recruits, develops, rewards and retains exemplary employees.
* SCHS seeks community stakeholders to support students as collaborative partners.
* Equitable resource distribution and facility usage is directed towards learning and growth for all students in all subject areas.
A Lifelong Mission
* We will prepare our students for life beyond the classroom by helping them become responsible, productive, and respectful citizens.